Welcome everyone to another blog here on BlueCollarBlueShirts.com!
This is a quick entry today, as I mentioned in my start of the season blog. My schedule is just crammed right now, so in an effort to produce some material, this is a photo blog.
I was able to score VIP Section 5 Row AA seats, right on the glass for last night’s preseason game against the Philadelphia Flyers. I was able to get these bougiast of the bougias seats by scoring them late on the day on Stubhub. I’m sure I’ll never get these during the regular season, due to the price, but for one night, last night, I lived like a king.
Below you will see some of the pictures I took from the game. You can get the full gallery by looking at my Twitter account @nycthemic or by visiting the Blue Collar Blue Shirts Facebook group page.
As far as the game itself, a couple of thoughts:
– Keith Yandle played a solid game. The Rangers are hoping he can be the most offensively productive defenseman since Leetch.
– If things work out right, Chris Kreider should be an all-star this year.
– The Rangers dominated the first period and at one point were out shooting the Flyers 16-4. They gotta find the net in games like these.
– Raanta did a good job settling down after the first cheap goal.
– Sitting this close, you really appreciate how fast and physical these guys are.
– I thought this was McIlrath’s best showing yet. The opposite could be said for Dan Boyle.
– Apparently MSG security frowns upon joking about putting your ass cheeks on the glass.
– Jesper Fast looks 16 years old in person. Hoping he can continue to mature as a regular every day forward.
I’m going to try to go to the game tomorrow, but until then, enjoy the pics!
@nycthemic on Twitter